Volunteer Prep Course – today was session 3 (of 9) – it’s flying by!
We heard from Jane, an existing volunteer who has supported several families, and discussed what support volunteers receive in their role.
The group also took time out to reflect on what they have enjoyed about the course so far. This included:
– ‘Getting real feedback from a practising volunteer.’
– The interactiveness of the course and all the different activities which get you thinking.’
– ‘Meeting new people who want to share ideas for good volunteering.’
– ‘Spending time usefully.’
– ‘Group discussions about different topics/working in teams.’
– ‘Getting to know an interesting group of people’
– ‘Getting a real sense that the work volunteers do makes a difference to families.’
– ‘Using my brain in a different way.’